Sunday, May 18, 2008

Well, I sat this weekend out...

I was all fired up to race this weekend, but when I started thinking about how far it is to Modesto and how hot it is in Modesto I easily convinced myself not to make the trip. My teammates held it down, with Viktor Rapinski taking the win for our BPG/Montano Velo team. I would have liked to be a part of that, but I got some good training instead and enjoyed my weekend at home.

Not only did Viktor win the field sprint after lapping the field, but good old Casey Kerrigan did a bit of race announcing and left the camera running at the judges booth. So I got to see what I missed from the best seat in the house and so can you, because Casey posted the video for all to enjoy!

http://www.stickam.com/editMediaComment.do?method=load&mId=179188024

This embodies a mellow Velo Promo weekend- inner tubes and boxes of cherries for primes, virtually no spectators and insanely hot weather. The best part of the video is Casey and the other officials debating wether the 5 second rule is legit for food that has been dropped on the ground. And the prime bell, which sounds like it was being rung right next to the microphone on the camera. Good stuff!

No comments: