Friday, November 21, 2008

Better late than never...

By this time, most folks have heard all about the killer night race at Sierra Point so I'll just post a quick recap. It was a really good time and I hope Tom can do this again, night races are fun!

It was super weird trying to be ready for a 8pm start, I went and rode for an hour or so in the afternoon. I rolled down to the race with an hour to spare and got some good laps on the track to be sure the tires were set and see how it would be to race in the dark. The lights were really good and the course was well lit, I set my tires to 24 psi and got over to the start.

I got the holeshot and tried to stretch it out but I wasn't really making gaps happen and we pretty much stayed together for the first few laps. Bucket got up there and drilled it too, and Aaron Odell showed his face after riding up from a poor start position.



Odog got on the front and started riding a damn hard tempo. I was pretty surprised, as he's been pretty much nowhere to be seen at the races this year. He's back on form though, and he showed it on saturday by driving the pace till it was just he and I off the front.



I took a few turns on the front so as not to look like a heel, but it felt like we were going faster when Aaron was in the wind. We rode it home and Aaron took the win with a good kick on the finishing straight!

Scott Chapin held on for 3rd so HRS/Rock Lobster took the top 3 spots. Can't complain about that!

4 comments:

Slonie said...

Hey Josh! Glad to hear the results of the race. I had to take off before you guys finished in order to catch a train. I raced for the first time earlier in the day, but of course the C's ran at 2:00pm! It would have been a lot nicer to ride in the shade...

Hopefully I can make it out to GG park, and get Erik to come out too.

Good job on the blog, I'm subscribed!

-Lee

liquidwrench said...

Rad! Congrats on your first race! You seriously have to get Erik to pin a number on, I think he was pretty impressed that you raced.

I'm stoked that people are reading this thing, I don't know how to see who's looked or how many hits it gets.

See you at GG park!

Ben said...

Rock Lobster Crushing it! Nice job, night time racing is pretty rad!

beth bikes! said...

p.s. your blog sucks. fight the temptation to be a one hit wonder.